To save money, we decided to stay in a hostel while in Dublin. It wasn't unbearable (in my opinion), but I don't think I'll ever do it again. The best analogy I can think of to staying at a hostel is eating dinner at Denney's: you're usually full when you leave, but while you're eating, you can't help thinking of all the times you've had better food.
Although I've certainly stayed in worse places, here is a list of some of the more colorful features of our hostel:
1) Presumably to save water, the showers had push down buttons comparable to what you sometimes find in sinks at restrooms. So, to keep the water constantly flowing, you had to hold the button in with one hand and shower with the other.
2) There was no elevator, so we had to drag our suitcases up 3 flights of stairs. OK, so most people who stay at hostels don't have lots of luggage. Our luggage wasn't too heavy, but let's just say I was thankful that I'd been lifting weight the past 2 months.
3) There was a 60 year old man walking to the men's showers in his tighty whiteys. This one is for Nicole, who apparently got an eyeful. I, lucikly did not see him. Instead, I got to talk with the hot Scottish guys who were invited me to go to the pub with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That guy in his underwear will haunt my dreams forever!
ReplyDelete